Time,
You’re an ever present companion.
You with that rigid, straight legged walk.
Clip, clop; clip, clop.
You never talk,
Only glare at me in silence.
And no matter how fast I run,
You’re never far behind.
I must say Time,
You remind me of an English gent,
In that thin black suit and trousers.
Watching me for hours, with those beady little eyes.
Unfortunately you seem hell-bent on my demise.
Plotting and planning with each passing day.
Nudging me along to my eventual end,
No chance to appreciate where I’ve been.
Even at the last you’ll be there.
With that cold empty stare.
Counting the last few grains of sand,
Pen in hand, ready to sign the papers.
But you know what Time?
I’m going to refuse to die,
Just to spite you.
And if you try and make me I’ll bite you.
I’ll fight you tooth and nail.
And I’m pretty sure I won’t fail.
In fact I’d bet my life on it.
Some might say that’s ironic.
And in the end, one of us will lose.
But now only time will tell if it’s me or you.
You’re an ever present companion.
You with that rigid, straight legged walk.
Clip, clop; clip, clop.
You never talk,
Only glare at me in silence.
And no matter how fast I run,
You’re never far behind.
I must say Time,
You remind me of an English gent,
In that thin black suit and trousers.
Watching me for hours, with those beady little eyes.
Unfortunately you seem hell-bent on my demise.
Plotting and planning with each passing day.
Nudging me along to my eventual end,
No chance to appreciate where I’ve been.
Even at the last you’ll be there.
With that cold empty stare.
Counting the last few grains of sand,
Pen in hand, ready to sign the papers.
But you know what Time?
I’m going to refuse to die,
Just to spite you.
And if you try and make me I’ll bite you.
I’ll fight you tooth and nail.
And I’m pretty sure I won’t fail.
In fact I’d bet my life on it.
Some might say that’s ironic.
And in the end, one of us will lose.
But now only time will tell if it’s me or you.

1 comment:
You're so funny =)
Post a Comment