Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pop!

The compass spins,
Giving me vertigo.
Where am I to go?
What am I to do?
What answers false? What answers true?
Am I destined to walk in circles?
Stumbling half-hazard into circumstance,
Meeting blind chance, in a dark alley somewhere south of Pittsburgh?
Who drew this map anyways?
It looks like a six year old with crayons,
Trying to paint the Sistine Chapel by candlelight.
I know it's not right, but I'm unsure where I went wrong.
My life like a country song,
My truck won't start and my dog done me wrong.
But what am I to do?
It's like I'm stuck in an episode of the twilight zone,
All alone, in a hall with no windows and about twenty doors.
Standing on mirrored floors, so I can see that I'm going nowhere. 
It's like I'm in a fun house without the fun.
I've been running on a treadmill and now I'm done.
I've had enough, life's going to change,
My life is an overflowing bathtub,
So I'm pulling the drain.
Now I'm spinning round,
Suction pulling me down,
Holding my breath so I don't drown.
Hope is surging!
New life emerging!
Pop!

No comments: