I can’t sleep until I reach exhaustion.
I can’t breathe for lack of oxygen.
I can’t think for my mind wanders.
For you’ve left me to travel yonder.
Without you my life is incomplete.
There is a hole in my heart, it can not beat.
I’m going crazy, I’m losing my mind.
I certainly hope you make it back in time.
What am I to do, but sit and wait.
Like a lonely beggar by the city gate.
Searching for shade in noon day sun.
Wondering if I still have the strength to carry on.
Do I still have the hope, the dreams, the faith.
To trust you’ll return to this desolate place.
To return unto me my heart and soul.
So once again I may be whole.
I can’t breathe for lack of oxygen.
I can’t think for my mind wanders.
For you’ve left me to travel yonder.
Without you my life is incomplete.
There is a hole in my heart, it can not beat.
I’m going crazy, I’m losing my mind.
I certainly hope you make it back in time.
What am I to do, but sit and wait.
Like a lonely beggar by the city gate.
Searching for shade in noon day sun.
Wondering if I still have the strength to carry on.
Do I still have the hope, the dreams, the faith.
To trust you’ll return to this desolate place.
To return unto me my heart and soul.
So once again I may be whole.

No comments:
Post a Comment