Monday, February 11, 2008

Ashamed of Men Like You

Heard you complaining about your problems,
While your wife was nine months due.
Drinking beer and watching Nascar
Boy I’m ashamed of men like you.

You bought flowers just to shut her up,
So you could watch the football game.
Called her fat in front of all your friends,
Since then things have never been the same.

You think you’re all that, and so much more.
As time keeps pressing on.
But one of these days you’ll blink and find,
The best things in life are gone.

Earnhardt is dead,
Your livers gone.
Your daughters grown,
Your wife’s moved on.

The house is cold,
The dog is dead.
Your lying all alone in bed.

You lost your job
The car won’t start
Doc says you’ve got
A troubled heart.

And do you want to know the very best part?
I’m ashamed of men like you,
Yes I’m ashamed of men like you.


Am I a heartless man for feeling so?
When your life has fallen oh so low?
I never wished you ill, I hope you know.
But I’m ashamed of men like you.

You were meant to be her valiant knight
Her strong right hand, her guiding light.
But instead you were her darkest night.
That’s why I’m ashamed of men like you.

Yet maybe there still is time to change,
Time to change a life flowing down the drain.
And if you pull it off, it’s safe to say.
I’ll no longer be ashamed of men like you.

No, I won’t be ashamed of men like you.

No comments: